Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I Wanna' Go Back to My LIttle Grass Shack-----

40 Years on January 20th
He is Still My Favorite

Well it is the 14th of January in good old Seattle and last night it started snowing about 4 pm and quite shortly before midnight. That always makes for a fun morning commute and watching the news to see who has slid down the hill and taken out a fire hydrant and 3 cars along the way. I used to say, "Don't these stupid people know how to drive in snow!" Now I just sit home and wish my tires weren't quite so bald and my car so squirly on icy roads.

As I was sitting here the last couple of days working about 8 hours a day on YW, camp, High Adventure, Fashion Show, Ward Conference and etc. I am looking out the window of the office and thinking how much I truly miss Hawaii. After a month there I am having a hard adjustment. I told Richard that now I understood why he was so weird when he first came home from his mission and he stood at the picture window in Grandma and Grandpa's living room and cried! I have wanted to cry more than once.

Speaking of that as I was going through my Hawaii photos I found a couple of favorites I hadn't put on. Here they are.









I can honestly say there is nothing in my life I enjoy more than grandchildren.


I also love the fact the grandchildren love the aunts and uncles. I remember my Mom saying to me once when you reach this age there is nothing that brings you more joy than your family. She was so right.



In the next life I am going to be as agile as this guy. I am also going to be as ripped--or is it "cut" when it is a woman. I will take either.



I took this photo of my feet because I truly learned how much I love bare feet or flip flops and t-shirts. Yes it is true--Sharon who never leaves the house without her makeup and jewelry learned there is much more comfort in t-shirts and flip flops.




I have to say I believe this photo is my very favorite from Hawaii. This was the last night Maile and Nate and kids were there. We went to Ewa Beach where the guys were boogy boarding. Quinn was playing in the sand. There were a group of Hawaiians up in the park having a big party. When this little girl saw Quinn she came running down to the water--no parents anywhere and I don't think they were concerned. She was obviously very comfortable with the water. When she realized it was going to ruin her pretty little dress she just hiked the dress up around her waist and could have cared less than her under panties were showing. You could see in her face that this was one happy little girl that loved life. I used this photo in my ward conference yesterday with the YW.

New Years Eve In Hawaii is insane. This is video Richard took from our deck on New Years Eve. This is a party that was going on right next door and the houses on our block. I told Richard I know now why Hawaiians have small houses. They spend all their money on fireworks. Those guys really know how to do it up right.

I have to add in closing that I am so grateful for 40 wonderful years with a man who is a perfect gentleman, a loving husband, and a great father and grandfather. I have never regretted that decision I made so many years ago. Life has not always been easy but I have never doubted the rightness of my decision or my sweetheart's commitment to me, the gospel and to our family. I love you Sweet Richie:)


6 comments:

Cody Oram said...

Great new update!! I love the pictures you posted! I hope I can see 40 happy years of marriage in my lifetime, oh wait, lets start with finding the right girl!! haha! Happy freakin 40th!!

Carl and Pat said...

You're right, Sharon, you definitely made the right decision! We can't think of anyone who is more willing to help someone, who is more kind, or who could be a better brother-in-law (and is a REAL mechanic!). Let's get rich and retire in Hawaii. But like Cody would say: oh wait, we need to find some money! Happy Anniversary.

Mrs. B said...

It looks like you had so much fun. I love the picture of the guy in the tree. I remember when you got married. I was 6. You were my "aunt ding dong" and I got a cute new dress and patent leather tap shoes, cuz it was all we could find. Mom was worried that tap shoes were not OK for a wedding reception, but I LOVED them. I tapped everywhere I went.

Kami said...

Congrats on 40 years! If it makes you feel any better I also sit around and cry that you aren't in Hawaii!

nalani said...

Congrats on 40 years!!!! Only a few more months and you get to go back to Hawaii. Maybe you should make a paper chain counting down the days!!

Curtis and Shandy said...

Happy 40! You always glow! You can tell you are always happy and it shows.