Thursday, December 27, 2007

If anybody should wonder why I would leave Seattle to come to Hawaii for Christmas this is why!















A few days of the first week Nalani was nice enough to get me a room in the Ko Olina JW Marriott Resort. Whoa--talk about nice! One night I took Quinn with me to stay all night. We played on the beach and made sand castles. His most favorite thing though was when I ordered room service for him. When they brought the table in with all the glitz Quinn's eyes got as big as saucers. A few days later when we got ready to go to the beach house Quinn said, "Grandma when we get to the hotel we are going to will you order me room service?" I turned to Maile and said, "I have created a monster!"















The girls and I went Christmas shopping in the NEX (Navy Exchange). Cannon was getting pretty tired of the whole deal. He suddenly picked up a pink hat and plopped it on his head. I had to take this photo to irritate Nate. We all thought it was pretty funny!















No matter whose computer is out Cannon is going for it. The funny thing is he gets this look on his face that he it totally serious. You let kids do a lot of things when you are in a little space and trying to entertain them.















Christmas Eve Dad and Cody walked the block and a half to the Hawaiian Temple and took photos. This temple and the block that leads up to it is one of the prettiest I have ever seen. It just takes your breath away.
















Nate picked this flower Christmas Eve while we were at the Polynesian Cultural Center and put it over his ear. Check out the look in Nate's eyes--like "Not in this lifetime son!"















Christmas just wasn't Christmas without a tree. Kami transported hers and she and Quinn put it up so we could feel the spirit. It is pretty weird when it is 75 or 80 outside and you hear Christmas carols in the background and see Christmas decorations.
















My favorite gift on Christmas Eve. The bibs Kami and Ben gave us announcing a new baby coming in July. What better gift could I ask for!














And for Cody it doesn't get any better than a Home Depot gift card.







WE will have been married 40 years January 20th and he is still pretty cute isn't he.
Kole Kole Pass that is on an abandoned Navy Base here in Hawaii. You can only get on it with a military ID so Ben took us. It was awesome. This truly has been a great Christmas. It doesn't come much better than being able to spend time with your own family and the spouses they have chosen when you love them all.

1 comment:

Jeff & Melissa said...

Looks like you are all having a grand time.... I wish I could have taken Nalani's spot!