Thursday, August 21, 2008

Summer Odds and Ends

Okay so I am the world's worst blog updater. But give me a break. This summer has got to have been the busiest on record. From the end of February until now we have had two grandsons born (I spent several weeks with both), the last of the older grandsons visit us, Joey Coleman--Erika's youngest, Trek, High Adventure, Girls Camp, Grandpa Oram's 90th birthday party, a son getting married, and a couple of extra trips to Utah. I truly feel like I haven't been home at all. Below are just a smattering of photos.

After we redid the house the first time and cleaned things up to make it more generic and ready to sell we went back and did more. We took furniture out of the living room.

Just a shot of some of Maile's handiwork while she was here helping me.

We sold the furniture in the office and turned the bonus room in to a play room.

Notice we even have a television in there for Thomas the Train DVD's!
Now I need to get some kid pictures to brighten up the room. Check out the papason swing we got off Craig's list--brand new--$35!
We took all the wallpaper down in what used to be Kami's room and painted over the red. Sorry Kami!




Can I just say I absolutely love our new bathroom!


Check out the cool clock on the wall. Glass and chrome. I knew the girls would be proud of me!
Richard chose the cool glass medicine cabinet all by himself. He is getting pretty darn good.



Gone is all the deep reds from our bedroom. There is just a bit left in the bedspread. What do you all think. Do I need to change that as well?

Everything in bedroom and bathroom is now trimmed in white including the pocket doors between which you can't see anyway.

We had a couple come back today that had already been through it once. We were gone but when we came home they had left their paper and measuring tape on the counter. They had drawn out where they could put all their furniture. Let's hope that is a good sign.

Everywhere Kami and I would go together while she was here I would volunteer to sit in the back and take care of Kai. After all that is my favorite job. Don't freak out girls! The car was stopped!

Jed's little nephew, Carter, decided he liked me and that I was okay as an extra Grandma, especially after he and I made chocolate chip cookies together.


My favorite was when we got the ingredients all in and mixed up and I asked him if he wanted a bite of dough. He looked at me horrified and said, "NO--I don't want to eat rotten eggs!"



Before I close tonight I just want to say how excited I am for the wedding on Saturday. Meredith, Dad and I love you like you were our own daughter. I have seen such a happiness in Cody since he found you that has never been there before. We love you for the good person you are and for making our son want to be a better person. I always said that was the sign of true love. When a person gives you a desire to be better and better they are right for you.
We also love your three beautiful children and we couldn't be happier to inherit more grandchildren. We now have 7 biological and 7 acquired counting yours, Erika's and Josh and Nikki's little Aaron.
Even though this has been a difficult year for Richard and I we still consider ourselves extremely blessed. We called Nalani's the other night and all 4 kids were there with their kids. It sounded chaotic but Richard and I said how blessed we felt that the kids would care to be with each other.
We look forward to the day when Cody and Meredith will be sealed and already have plans to make that a special day also.
We don't know for sure where exactly a job will show up for us but we are hoping we will be near you all. Being around our kids, their friends, and the whole Clark clan would truly be wonderful for us.

3 comments:

Meridith O. said...

ohhhhhh.....so sweet! Thank you! Can't wait either!

Carrie said...

Hey I didn't notice you had updated! Very well put Sharon!
I agree, this summer has been insane, to put it lightly! The wedding was awesome yesterday! The extended family loves Meridith too, as well as her children. I'm not sure who wore out who last night...did Carson and Parker wear out Hailey or did Hailey wear out Carson and Parker? I loved watching them all run around and having a blast!
I am praying you move HERE! :)

Thomas said...

Wow, that master bedroom & bath turned out great. -Maile