Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Happy Mother's Day



Okay I will admit it. I cried when I got this Mother's Day gift. Jason and a friend made this cover for my scriptures. He sent Dad one a few weeks ago and I was so jealous. And then I got this one the week of Mother's Day. Jason said it was the hardest thing he has ever done. All those little teeny bumps on the cover were put there by a tiny tool about the size of a pin head. The photo doesn't do it justice but it is gorgeous. The Relief Society symbol and the CTR symbol were enlarged freehand from the Ensign Jason gets.

We went to Maile's a couple of weeks ago and took Quinn to his swimming lessons while Maile ran some errands. I don't know who was more entertaining; Quinn jumping off the diving board and yelling "Cow-a-bun-ga" (because Grandpa dared him to) or Cannon measuring the entire swimming pool with a tape measure I gave him to keep busy.
o



I love having the twins come to visit. We have discovered one thing for sure. If they are getting crabby just put on "Yo-Gabba-Gabba!" And we thought Mr. Rogers was dumb!

I have to tell Nalani, Maile, Meridith, and Kami 'THANK YOU" from the bottom of my heart for another favorite gift. At Christmas time I went in to Gymboree and they had little cowboy vests and shirts on sale. They had enough to get one for each of our grandsons so I did. When Maile was down they took the boys and had their pictures taken. That photo is just about my all time favorite photo. I can't stop looking at it. They even managed to get one with all the boys smiling--well let's just say Cash wasn't frowning anyway. It doesn't matter what he does--he is still cute. When I get an electronic copy of the photo I will post it.













5 comments:

Carl and Pat said...

Those gifts from Jason are the best! You have every right to cry. I saw the photo of the boys in their outfits, and again, you can cry more tears of joy! To quote your fun daughter Nalani--love you mass! (Pat)

Mrs. B said...

My mom told me you got some beautiful new scripture covers. They are amazing. Hope everything is good in your neck of the woods!
Love ya!

Thomas said...

Wow, those scripture covers are incredible. That is a labor of love. Great post mom!

Jessie and Nick said...

So, can I hire him sometime???

Jessie and Nick said...

I would love to have a scriptuer cover mad e for my son and hubby sometime...let me know if he would be willling to ;) thanks!!